Friday, November 21, 2014

Cross the Drunkard's Path Quilt Along

Back in 2009 I collected Drunkard's Path block variations and arranged them as a BOM for a group of quilting friends.


My BOM Plan

I even hand dyed half yards of kona cotton especially for this project.



Then I made two blocks and lost interest. My project has languished in a box for almost 5 years.

When I saw Vicki Welsh's post about her Cross the Drunkard's Path Quilt Along it reminded me about this unfinished project. It took me a few weeks to get back in the mood to work on it. This week I planned my color placement and cut all the pieces.

Design Wall

Last night I sewed a few test units to remind myself how to sew curves.


I keep thinking I should be putting this together in a different way, making it more artsy or sophisticated, therefore more complicated. I am forcing myself to stick with my original plan. It doesn't have to be a masterpiece, just has to be finished.

What do you do with the leftovers from drunkard's path blocks?

I'll probably work the yardage into the border. I might use the quarter circles in another project........

3 comments:

Mari said...

This is going to be so pretty! Love the bright colors and the sampler idea. Hard to believe that's only the beginning of the patterns that can be made with these lovely blocks.

Sharon said...

Fun sampler. It is going to look great in your bright hand dyes.

Vicki W said...

Your quilt is going to be really pretty!