So I'm a day late. Better late than never! I didn't get very far on Easy Street at the retreat and it was the only thing I worked on. I do have all the blocks made and I only have to lay it out and sew the rows together. I'm thinking of a narrow orange border and a wider purple border. I will have to buy fabric as I don't have any pieces in my stash that are big enough.
Tuesday, April 30, 2013
Monday, April 22, 2013
coming to you from the Ranch Hands Retreat! I almost forgot it was Monday. I'm making Bonnie Hunter's latest mystery, Easy Street. I got the centers of all the blocks done, a small pile of four patches and cut up the purple geese. Tomorrow I will work on the piecing the geese and adding the outside edges of the blocks. Then on to the setting triangles and if all goes well, I will have the blocks set together before we leave for home on Thursday. Hopefully I have enough purple yardage at home for the borders.
Monday, April 15, 2013
This is a long post, so you've been warned. Tomorrow, Judy of Patchwork Times is hosting a UFO Parade. It's a simple idea, link to a post of all your UFO's. Hopefully this will help me get motivated to finish some!
Jacks on Six
2006 Quilted Angel BOMAll the blocks are finished. I got stuck on the pieced setting triangles. Maybe I should draw them out in EQ now that I have learned how to use it.
The top is finished, all it needs is custom quilting. Until recently, I didn't feel like I had the skill to do it justice. Maybe this year...
2010 BOM Drunkard's Path Variations
This was a BOM I created for my friends to help us get over our fear of curves. We ran out of steam about half way through. I want to finish it because I hand dyed fabric especially for it.
Antique Postage Stamp
I'm not sure I should count this one. It's an on going project. The squares finish at 1". It takes me about an hour to sew a 8 x 8 section and another hour for picking colors and prepping fabric.
This is fussy cut 6-pointed stars made with batik sarongs my mother bought me in Bali. Just needs to be quilted and bound.
Needs to have the quilting ripped out and redone. Tension problems.
I liked the colors of Buffalo Ridge so much I decided to do it again with a few changes. I was ready to slap on some borders when my daughter said it deserved something better. So pieced borders it is. I just need an idea.....
Carpenter's Square (Green Quilt #5)
Needs borders and quilting.
I started this in Houston in 2007. I took a class called "Cure Curve Phobia". I was so excited about the class I bought the fabric at lunch and started this. After taking a Thom Atkins beading class I decided this should have beads. Needs to be quilted first.
I loved this pattern and had to try it. It might be finished. Maybe I should make a baby quilt out of it.
I made this in a Nancy Brown applique class. It needs to be hand quilted. I need to find someone to teach me.
I have three of these, all slightly different. Two have had the outline quilting finished. One needs to be fixed. The bands don't line up and it's obvious. Then I need to plan the rest of the quilting.
Grandmother's Flower Garden
Just needs a few more flowers and quilting.
Hand-dyed Log Cabin
I dyed the fabric in a class. The log cabin is one of Judy Martin's, with stars in the corner. After starting I realised that my 1/4" foot was actually making wider seams. So the stars don't match. I need to decide how to fix it.
Jan Sassaman Quilt
I made this in a workshop with Jane Sassaman. Do I want to finish it? I don't know. I'm going to think about it.
I made a baby quilt with Anita Grossman Solomon's pattern "Anita's Arrowhead". I loved her instructions so much I started this. It's early Kaffe Fassett prints and shot cottons. The top is finished, just needs quilting. I want to get this quilted in time for the local quilt show in June.
I made this with the leftover fabric from the above quilt. Needs quilting.
I started this to use up 2 1/2" scraps.
This is a pattern from one of Pat Speth's books. Some of the blocks are made.
Making Ends Meet II, civil war style
The top is finished just needs quilting. I actually had the back pinned on my longarm when I discovered that is was smaller than the top. Ugh!
Making Ends Meet I
This is on the longarm right now!
Millwheel (green quilt #7)
I have a lot of blocks made, just needs to be put together.
A cute pattern I saw on the Happy Zombie blog. It's the same polka dot fabric as Funky Wrench.
Petaluma Quilt Guild Challenge 2011
Needs to be quilted and I think beading, too.
Scrappy Irish Chain II
The photo is not the actuall quilt but another I made with same pattern. I made this to practise feathered wreath quilting for another, larger quilt in the same pattern. Some of the quilting is finished. Then I took it off the logarm to work on something else.
Scrappy Irish Chain III
This is the quilt I need to practise feathered wreaths for. Then I discovered I made it too big. I need to remove two rows of blocks before quilting.
Star of Istanbul
This is a long-term project, my next show quilt hopefully. My goal is to have it finished by January 2015 for the SF quilt guild show.
These are 1/2". It's about the size of a candle mat. I am thinking of tying is since it's so small.
Twist and Twirl
Just needs the binding!
So that's all the personal projects I need to finish. This doesn't include the charity quilts (23) or customer quilts (5).