Monday, January 4, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Here's my progress on my Tamara's 2009 BOM. This is the lower right corner. I am almost finished but I had to dye more fabric yesterday afternoon. I ran out of yellow, pink and light green for the sashing. I would have finished without those colors but then this whole corner would have been orange, teal and blue only. Not very random, which is the look I am going for.

Sunday, January 3, 2010


For those who haven't seen her, this is my "new" longarm. New to me, that is. She is about 5 years old. Becca named her Ruby Rhod, after the Chris Tucker character in the Fifth Element. She is "super green". Follow this link to a photo of the quilt I am working on.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Here's the first block of our 2010 BOM using Drunkard's Path variations. This block finished at 16". I will be using fabric I dyed myself on Christmas day. Joann suggested that I use some leftover hand dyed faric but I didn't have enough so I made some more. I dyed 1/2 yards in a rainbow of 12 colors. I have 4 yards of PFD fabric left for the white background. I was planning on creating pastels but I miscalculated the amount of dye to use. I think this is better as the more vibrant color stands out better against the white. Each block will be a different color and I'll have enough leftover for sashing or borders. The colored portions of each block use 1/4 yard or less.