Sunday, August 14, 2011

Design Wall Monday

I worked on the Minnesota Stars this weekend. I laid them out on the floor but I forgot to take a picture. I had to pick them up when the dogs came back from being washed. So here is a sample block from a pattern called Old Kentucky Album. It was featured in Bonnie Hunter's "Addicted to Scraps" column in Quiltmaker's January/February 2010 issue.
Her instructions call for using all 2" strips and trimming the block down but that leaves bias edges around the outside. I might calculate the size triangles I would need before I make any more blocks to avoid that.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love your Minnesota Stars, they make a great scrappy quilt. I'll definitely keep this one in mind.

Happy Room Diana said...

I like the colours you have used

Vicki H. said...

This is a really great block. I agree with you I have not had any luck with the bias egdes on the little setting triangles.