Monday, July 27, 2015

Design Wall Monday

It's been a long time since I posted, not because I haven't been working on anything quilty but because I have been too busy and distracted. I do have exciting news: the quilt I submitted to the Sonoma County Fair was awarded a blue ribbon!

 
Sorry for the poor quality photo. They hang the quilts from the rafters making photos difficult. The same quilt was also awarded a blue ribbon at the Sonoma Marin Fair last month. I also received an offer to purchase it but I'm not sure I'm ready to part with it. On the other hand, I could always make another!

This is on my design wall today. The upper left is the center medallion of my Star of Istanbul project I have been working on for three years. It's all hand sewn using the English paper piecing method. I had made almost 100 rosettes and realized I needed work out the details of the center before continuing. The orange hexagons are one inch along the edge.

The lower right is a sample block from a pattern called Log Cabin Cutouts by Judy Niemeyer. It's designed to use the leftovers from another pattern called Cabin Fever. The outer circle is the leftover part. I'm thinking of saving this project for the Ranch Hand's Retreat in October.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Nice projects - I'll have to look up more of your Istanbul hexie project. Feel free to join my monthly hexie linky party (called HeLP) on the 17th of each month.

Marti said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful quilt. I hope they offered you a great price for it. I wish they had county fairs here, but only the state fair for us.

Dar said...

Congrats on your Blue Ribbon quilt. It looks pretty. How exciting to get an offer to sell it. Make sure you make it worth your while if you do. Your two projects on your design wall are great looking. Lots of time involved in the hexie one, but it will be gorgeous when you are finished.

lizgough said...

Congratulations! Your work is beautiful! I miss you and the other Valley Girls - I've now been in Seattle for 5 years and I'm thinking of buying another longarm machine. - Liz