Sunday, March 2, 2014

Design Wall Monday

I started my quilt for the  red and white challenge hosted by SewCalGal. . I've been wanting to make a giant dahlia for a long time. I was fortunate to find the Marti Michell templates on a cast off table as they are quite expensive. They are well made and the pieces are fitting together perfectly. I so rarely use red in my quilts I had to buy fabric for this project. I'm not sure why I feel compelled to make a red and white quilt. There are other projects I should be working on but this one was speaking to me.


See more design walls over at Judy's blog.

11 comments:

Beth said...

It is coming along very nicely! Sometimes you just have to 'quilt your heart'! Cant wait to see this progress...

Becky said...

Lovely! I love red and white quilts, but haven't taken time to make one. This one is great. I love MM templates, but have never tried the Giant Dahlia. I look forward to seeing progress pictures.

Susan P said...

This is so pretty....never thought I'd make a dahlia quilt, but you may have just convinced me otherwise. Love the red and white!

Sylvia said...

Lovely! I have always wanted to make a dahlia quilt, it is in my someday list.

Unknown said...

Beautiful! The dahlia has been on my wish list since I started quilting and one of these days my have to just do it!

Rachel said...

Very pretty! I love the red and white, and that dahlia is nice but quite complicated looking. Good luck!

Rebecca Grace said...

Ooh, I have always admired those giant dahlia quilts but I know I don't have the skill level yet to execute that pattern. Yours is lovely in red and white.

Ramona said...

I can see why this quilt is speaking to you. It's beautiful! The dahlia pattern is great for red and white.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful! I am visiting via Design Wall Monday. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely love the colors!

Quilting Nonnie said...

I am currently making a red and white quilt with the HST BOM. And I've always wanted to make a red and white quilt! Your dahlia is absolutely gorgeous! Keep up the good work!