Monday, November 25, 2013

Design Wall Monday

This is the first new project in quite a while. I'm making this quilt for a friend who lost her home in a fire last year. The pattern is based on an antique quilt shown in the February 2013 issue of American Patchwork and Quilting. The original quilt was done in yellow and white. When I look at the photos, I see overlapping squares. I never do anything the easy way so I'll be making each square with different fabric.


Visit Judy's blog for more desigh walls.

4 comments:

Scrapatches said...

Nice colors and arrangement ... :)

Heidi said...

Love how you are working with the colors on this - pretty.

Dar said...

What a great design. Love how you are progressing with the colors and using different fabrics. Does this pattern have a name?

Anonymous said...

Varied fabrics was a great decision, even if it is harder!