Saturday, May 14, 2011

Recent Finishes

I can't believe how time has flown by. It's been over a month since I last posted. Since then I have returned to work and gone on a quilt retreat. I finished this first quilt at the retreat. I made this same quilt once before only smaller, as a donation. I loved it so much I bought the fabric all over again so I could have one to keep. That was over three years ago. I was looking for a good project to take on the retreat and decided it was time this fabric was made into a quilt.

Here's a closeup of the individual blocks. I was able to find almost all the same fabrics.


After I returned from the retreat I was looking for a mindless project to finish and decided on these Millennium Stars. I originally blogged about them here. I decided to finish them with purple sashing. I used left over strips from the purple quilt I made last fall. The photo is washed out but it's the look I was hoping for. Now to make a back and quilt it.

No comments: