Monday, December 6, 2010

Design Wall Monday

Here's what's on today:

This is a UFO that has been hanging around a long time. The circles are paper pieced in quarters. After starting this I realized that I don't really like paper piecing. Last week I read Pat Sloan's blog about tips for dealing with UFOs. So I decided to pull this one out and see how much I had done. I had enough quarters to make these five blocks. There were supposed to be 9 total. I'm going to figure out a way to make a baby quilt with just these. I looked through Sharon Craig's books and I'm going to let a few ideas percolate this week.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Those blocks are so bright, and cheerful, and so much fun. A baby would be fascinated by all the patterns and colours.

Unknown said...

Oh this will make a great baby quilt! I am anxious to watch the progress on this one!

Susan said...

It will be interesting to see what you come up with....

Charlene S said...

Those is a bright blocks. Baby, preteen, or teenagers would love it. An older person in a wheel chair would really enjoy their legs covered with such bright cheer.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

Great blocks! I have a pattern that looks like these that make a footstool! Someday. . .

Gari in AL said...

Those are wonderful blocks and I can see them becoming several different great projects. You will be really proud of them when you put them together.